Wednesday, July 22, 2009

He Looked At Me With Those Big Brown Eyes ... You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

After five days in the hospital mommy and baby are coming home. (Back in those days a complication free delivery required a five day hospital stay.)

He looked at me with those big brown eyes. I held him close and whispered, "We're taking you home today".

Once at home, we were greeted by close friends and relatives bearing prepared food dishes and eagerly awaiting their turn to hold the baby.

I visited with my friends and relatives. My mother fixed a wonderful dinner for all of us. The homecoming day was just perfect.

On top of all of this, my baby was a perfect angel (see definitions in a previous post). He slept almost all day long.

After everyone left, I realized just how tired I really was. I couldn't wait to take a good long shower and get a good nights sleep. (It's impossible for anyone to sleep in a hospital.)


No comments:

Post a Comment